FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Use web based mail, such as www.mywebsite.com/webmail or mywebsite.com/email or email.mywebsite.com, depending on which server your web site is in.
Usually GCI give your instruction after GCI launch your site.
It is free with the web site hosting email accounts as long as the size in sunder the hosting package.
With user name and password, you will be available to send and receive email and create address books.
- Login into www.mywebsite.com/webmail/ (with “www.mywebsite.com” as your website url address) and try to send email or receive email.
If this works, it should be email server (e.g. Outlook) problem or an incorrect setting/configuration, etc.
- If your webmail also cannot send or receive email, please provide the following information as it will be helpful in troubleshooting the email issue.
- What is the exact issue you are having with your email and when does it occur? (Not “Email doesn’t work”, since there are a broad number of possible email issues and we can’t help you if we don’t know where to start.
- Is there an error message/pop up when you send or receive email? If so, when does this occur? Please provide the exact error message or send us a screenshot of the issue
- Is your website currently running? If your website is temporarily down, your email server also will not work during that time. If so, we may need to troubleshoot your website issue as soon as possible. Most likely both will function properly if the web server is running.
Adding POP3 and IMAP Accounts
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- Select your ISP account, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab, and under Delivery, select the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box.
- Select one of the following options:
- Remove from server after x days E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but remain on the e-mail server for the number of days that you specify. This is the most common setting for people who want to read their messages at work but also download them for permanent storage on their home computer. We recommend that you choose the smallest number of days that suits your needs. The longer you leave messages on your e-mail server, the greater the risk of exceeding your mailbox size quota.
- Remove from server when deleted from ‘Deleted Items’ E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but also remain on the e-mail server indefinitely until you delete the e-mail message in Outlook and empty the Deleted Items folder. Just deleting the message doesn’t remove the message from the e-mail server.
If you do not select either check box, messages are left on the server indefinitely. You can eventually exceed your mailbox quota, unless you connect to the e-mail server from another computer that has Outlook configured to remove messages from the e-mail server.
- Click OK, and then click Finish.